Real Angelenos know that to keep it real, a barbershop is the way to go. With 24/7 glitz and glamour overwhelmingly zapping most power players’ time and energies, an under-the-radar experience is a simple luxury many men want to savor.
Here are the shops that stand out in our book:
- Baxter Finley: The old school-inspired establishment offers understated coolness that attracts a steady clientele of celebrities, average joes, and walk-ins.
- 515 N. La Cienega Boulevard; 310.657.4726
- DTLA Cuts: The new guys have done it right. Open for only two years, but these seasoned professionals have attracted a following to keep eighteen-chairs constantly filled. Offering world-class razor cuts and scissor trims.
- 2288 East Figueroa Street; 213.905.0165 or online appointments
- Sweeney Todd’s Barber Shop: Since 1947, the iconic shop hosts expert barbers who are well-versed to provide the latest cuts and specialize in straight razor shaves. History buffs and antique aficionados should note the original floor, fixtures, and chairs throughout.
4639 Hollywood Boulevard; Online appointments only